The Hudson Community School District is approximately 63 square miles located just South of Cedar Falls and Waterloo, just minutes from the University of Northern Iowa. Total enrollment for the district is approximately 720 students, with a total district population of 3,576.
Hudson has approximately 100 employees with an administrative staff that includes a superintendent, K-6 principal, and 7-12 principal. Additionally the district employs a full time At-Risk Coordinator and offers a full slate of programming for students.
The total annual budget for the district is approximately $11 Million.
Moving and Want to Ensure You Purchase in the Hudson Community School District?
- Visit the Black Hawk County Real Estate Mapping Website
- After clicking the disclaimer ‘Yes’, select #2 ‘Address’
- Type the house number in field 1 ‘House No’
- You should be able to leave the direction field blank
- Type the name of the street in the field titled ‘Street Name’
- What type of street is it? An Avenue? Road? Boulevard? Select the correct answer from the drop down menu in the field titled ‘Type’.
- What city is it located in? Choose what city in this field. Remember that city alone does not determine the school district. For example, there are portions of Waterloo and Cedar Falls that both belong to the Hudson Community School District.
- Click on ‘Polling Location’. Look where it lists the school election–that is your school district!
Basic District Information
Hudson Community School District Report Card for the 2016-2017 Academic Year
- Iowa School Report Card
- Hudson Progress on Annual Goals
- Academic Achievement 2016-2017
- Department of Education Student Achievement Database
- Math 2004-2017
- Science 2004-2017
- Reading 2004-2017
- ACT College Readiness
- National Assessment of Educational Progress
- NAEP Information on Student Achievement
Average Daily Attendance Rate 2016-2017
Registration Material For the 2018-2019 School Year
- Kindergarten Registration Forms
- 1-4 Registration Forms
- 5-6 Registration Forms
- 7-8 Registration Forms
- 9-12 Registration Forms
- 2018-2019 Kindergarten Supplies
- 2018-2019 First Grade Supplies
- 2018-2019 Second Grade Supplies
- 2018-2019 Third Grade Supplies
- 2018-2019 Fourth Grade Supplies
- 2018-2019 Fifth Grade Supply List
- 2018-2019 Sixth Grade Supply List
- 2018-2019 7th and 8th Grade Supply List
- Preschool Supply List
We create effective learning environments that result in success for all students.
DISTRICT LEARNER PERFORMANCE GOALS
Upon graduation from the Hudson Community School District, Hudson students will show competence as a …
- Knowledgeable Person
- Quality Producer
- Collaborative Worker
- Problem Solver
- Effective Communicator
- Contributing Citizen
- Internal Assets Builder
HUDSON’S KEYS OF SUCCESS
The Hudson Community School District is committed to helping its students develop the Eight Keys of Excellence. It is the district’s belief that individuals who develop and possess these eight traits will be very solid people who are committed to LIVING ABOVE the LINE. The Eight Keys of Excellence are …
- Live in Integrity
- Keep Your Balance
- Stay Flexibility
- Live in the Now, This Is It!
- Speak With Good Purpose
- Take Ownership
- Acknowledge Failure Leads to Success
- Affirm Your Commitment
SCHOOL COLORS & MASCOT
School colors are Blue and White. Students are encouraged to wear Blue and White clothing on Game Days and to athletic events to show their school spirit. The School Mascot is a Pirate.
(School Board Policies – 605.4, 605.5)
Graduation Requirements: 56 credits and Senior Celebration
English – 8 Social Studies Electives – 2
American History – 2 American Government – 2
Science – 6 Math – 6
Physical Education – 4 Health – 2
Technology – 2 Electives – 22